YSR Congress MP V Vijayasai Reddy reiterated his demand for CBI probe into the irregularities in the TTD and the Tirumala temple. The TTD had become an eye of the storm with the priests and political parties making corruption and other charges against the TTD and the State government. On its part, the government is denying the charges. The TTD trust board had claimed that it would serve legal notices to former chief priest Ramana Deekshitulu and YSR Congress MP Vijayasai Reddy for making allegations against the TTD.
Deekshitulu, who was removed from the chief priest post on superannuation grounds, had come out with allegations of corruption and irregularities in the temple. He alleged that the temples’ historical kitchen – Potu – was dug in the name of renovation and the religious offerings could not be made to the Lord because the kitchen did not work for several days. He claimed that it was not for renovation of the kitchen but an attempt to unearth hidden wealth.
These charges are countered by the TTD and the TDP government but there is no substantial justification on the part of the TDP government and the TTD.The YSR Congress MP also made allegations of corruption and religious irregularities. He alleged that some valuable gold jewels were stolen by Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and his son who have smuggled them to foreign countries. He sought CBI probe into the charges and dared Chandrababu Naidu and his son Lokesh to accept the challenge for CBI probe.
Taking strong exception to these charges, the TTD had threatened to issue legal notices to both Deekshitulu and Vijayasai Reddy. However, even after 48 hours, they did not receive any notice from the TTD. Vijayasai Reddy went on record reiterating his charges against Chandrababu Naidu and Lokesh and wanted them to face CBI probe.
Standing by his allegations, Vijayasai Reddy also raised several other allegations against the TDP government which included insider trading of Amaravati lands, misuse of funds in temporary secretariat complex, foreign tours of Chandrababu Naidu and his family, AgriGold scam, Heritage properties and the Singapore companies involvement in Amaravati, besides others.
It is becoming difficult for Chandrababu Naidu and the ruling TDP leaders, besides the TTD, to face the criticism from the opposition. The charges by Ramana Deekshitulu have turned a major portion of the Brahmin community against the TDP, which was already distancing from the ruling party after the unceremonious removal of former chief secretary I Y R Krishna Rao as chairman of the Brahmin Corporation.
Spanish Royal Couple anchored by Trump Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump hosted King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain at the White House. After arriving at the South Portico on Tuesday afternoon, the couples posed for a photo and then. As per report President said "It's a great honor to have the King and Queen of Spain and it's a beautiful country. We were in Spain not so long ago and we love it”.
- Which pair do you think will most likely get hitched?
- Sri Reddy explained what happened inside her Bedroom
- TDP targets Buggana complaints to Speaker
- Will Ganta Srinivasa Rao lose in Bheemili constituency in 2019 polls?
- Envoy says Xi Jinping watched Dangal on multiple occasions
- Rahul sets his eyes on AP politics
- A drunken detector taxi from Uber!
- Madras Mozart becomes Sikkim ambassador!
- Ulaga Nayagan meets Rahul Gandhi!
- Sakshi Dhoni requests pistol for safety!
- Centre gave Rs 1.50 lakh crore to AP in four years
- Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor
- Choreographer allegedly made a hoax Bomb Call after missing Flight
- How has practicing Yoga changed your life?
- Samantha Chaitanya's Fitness Secret revealed on International Yoga Day