Chennai sources stated that as part of its commitment to provide eco-friendly green services, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) would soon set up electric vehicle le (EV) charging stations at four metro stations in the city. A senior official associated with CMRL said “We are in the starting stage of setting up EV charge stations at four stations, namely Thirumangalam, St. Thomas Mount, Alandur and Koyambedu”. Moreover he added that 10 electric bikes and five electronic cars could be charged at the same time.
Presently, CMRL is not levying any charge for parking electronic bikes and cycles at the metro station. As per report this move comes in light of the growing market for electric vehicles and the need to set up electric charging points for commuters. Moreover the major automakers in the country like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra as well as cab companies like Uber and Ola have expressed the desire to set up charging stations for electric vehicles in the country.
Furthermore on the other hand, metro patronage
doubled in peak hours after the inauguration of two major stretches including
Little Mount to AG - DMS and Chennai Central to Shenoy Nagar. An official said
“While there has been 80% spike in the average ridership, we witness 12,000
passengers on average during peak hours (8-10:30 am and 5-8:30 pm)”.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news