Chennai sources stated that as part of its commitment to provide eco-friendly green services, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) would soon set up electric vehicle le (EV) charging stations at four metro stations in the city. A senior official associated with CMRL said “We are in the starting stage of setting up EV charge stations at four stations, namely Thirumangalam, St. Thomas Mount, Alandur and Koyambedu”. Moreover he added that 10 electric bikes and five electronic cars could be charged at the same time.
Presently, CMRL is not levying any charge for parking electronic bikes and cycles at the metro station. As per report this move comes in light of the growing market for electric vehicles and the need to set up electric charging points for commuters. Moreover the major automakers in the country like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra as well as cab companies like Uber and Ola have expressed the desire to set up charging stations for electric vehicles in the country.
Furthermore on the other hand, metro patronage
doubled in peak hours after the inauguration of two major stretches including
Little Mount to AG - DMS and Chennai Central to Shenoy Nagar. An official said
“While there has been 80% spike in the average ridership, we witness 12,000
passengers on average during peak hours (8-10:30 am and 5-8:30 pm)”.
Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm Chennai sources stated that the 'Rahul for Prime Minister' proposal from DMK chief MK Stalin has kicked up a storm all around, besides triggering a bombshell of a recall from the inimitable Dr Subramanian Swamy. Meanwhile the former Law Minister tweeted on Monday "He do not know why some parties want to declare Rahul Gandhi as next PM as self confessed in writing that he is British citizen
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!