Chennai sources stated that as part of its commitment to provide eco-friendly green services, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) would soon set up electric vehicle le (EV) charging stations at four metro stations in the city. A senior official associated with CMRL said “We are in the starting stage of setting up EV charge stations at four stations, namely Thirumangalam, St. Thomas Mount, Alandur and Koyambedu”. Moreover he added that 10 electric bikes and five electronic cars could be charged at the same time.
Presently, CMRL is not levying any charge for parking electronic bikes and cycles at the metro station. As per report this move comes in light of the growing market for electric vehicles and the need to set up electric charging points for commuters. Moreover the major automakers in the country like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra as well as cab companies like Uber and Ola have expressed the desire to set up charging stations for electric vehicles in the country.
Furthermore on the other hand, metro patronage
doubled in peak hours after the inauguration of two major stretches including
Little Mount to AG - DMS and Chennai Central to Shenoy Nagar. An official said
“While there has been 80% spike in the average ridership, we witness 12,000
passengers on average during peak hours (8-10:30 am and 5-8:30 pm)”.
One Plus 6 model is a failure with the new Face Unlock feature OnePlus6 which got released a few weeks back is getting positive critics from all mobile users and among all the features, 'Face Unlock' is one of the impressive works by the team. But what if the feature is proved as an epic failure?
- Finally, YSRCP MPs resignations are accepted
- Ganta dares ABN survey, says it is cooked up
- Twitter to ban users who are less than 13 years of age
- Rare diseases will be treated in VHS, Chennai
- Culprit S Ve Shekar finally gets Bail - TN police never arrested him till the end
- Tweet by IIT-Bombay student being abused by seniors doing rounds on social media
- GST introduced to track trail of transaction in fact increased illegal activiti¬es
- Will Tamilnadu Telecom Employees be declared as Govt Employees?
- Spanish Royal Couple anchored by Trump
- Which pair do you think will most likely get hitched?
- Sri Reddy explained what happened inside her Bedroom
- TDP targets Buggana complaints to Speaker
- Will Ganta Srinivasa Rao lose in Bheemili constituency in 2019 polls?
- Envoy says Xi Jinping watched Dangal on multiple occasions
- Rahul sets his eyes on AP politics