Central minister Ravishankar Prasad has revealed that discussions are on with Minister Nitin Gadkari, to execute a plan to link Aadhaar card with Driving License. Ravishankar has said that this will be helpful in finding and arresting the accused who are involved in a hit and run cases, and drunken drive cases.
He has further said that many people use more than one license, and in case of one license getting seized, they make use of another license and continue driving the vehicles. To prevent people from making use of more than one license, Aadhaar card needs to be linked to Driving license, said the minister.
Aadhaar card plays a crucial role in
most of the developmental plans of the central government. Besides, even for
Pan Card, Sim card, Bank accounts, Aadhaar has been mandated to be linked. Now,
the demand to link Aadhaar with driving license and Election Voters card has
intensified. It must be noted that this plan has been in consideration since
September 2017. Besides, Supreme court has extended the deadline to link mobile
numbers and bank accounts with Aadhaar cards.
Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana caretaker chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will kick-start his campaign addressing 28 public meetings which will cover 66 of 119 constituencies in the state. Accordingly United Progressive Alliance chairperson and former Congress party president Sonia Gandhi is expected to begin her Telangana campaign on November 23.
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections