In an attempt to get turnout at the International Yoga Day celebrations in Dehradun planned on June 21, the uttaeao government has set targets for government departments in the state, to bring more than 50,000 participants to the celebration which will be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
With Yoga Day a week away, the state government activities have troubled many departments. As per the letter from R K Sudhanshu, secretary, ayush department, the Uttarakhand home guard's target is 250, the health education department has a target of 2,000, ayush education target is 1000, youth welfare department has 3,000 target, higher education department has 2,000, polytechnic colleges 2,500 and nursing colleges 2,000 target.
Other government departments like
tourism, agriculture have to achieve joint target of 10,000 participants. Chief
secretary Utpal Kumar Singh had said these targets for departments were a
good initiative to send a positive message to the country. A target of 6000 has
been given to the primary and secondary education departments despite the fact
that schools are closed for vacations.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?