New Delhi sources reported that to encourage its 217 million users in India donate blood for the needy, Facebook on Thursday launched a new blood donations centre on its platform that shows people opportunities to donate in their city, including nearby blood donation events, requests for blood donors and blood banks.
Meanwhile marking the World Blood Donor Day, the new centre that was announced at the F8 developers' conference in San Jose in May this year, can be accessed from the explore menu on the device. People who visit "Blood Donations centre" on Facebook can also sign up to be a blood donor and get notified directly when there is a need for blood nearby.
Accordingly the social media giant has also
announced new partnership with organizations across the country, including the
National Blood Transfusion Council, a division of Ministry of Health and Family
Welfare (MoHFW), and Giants Welfare Foundation a non-profit. Moreover as part
of the partnership, Facebook has set up over 2,000 blood donation events this
month which will be featured in the new Blood Donation centre. Further the
campaign will include stories of people who have helped saved lives using our
blood donation features.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant