Sources added that according to the data from Bengaluru centre of India Meteorological Department (IMD) schools and colleges have been shut on Thursday and Friday in Dakshina Kannada, Kodagu, Chikkamagaluru and Udupi districts, as heavy rains continued unabated, throwing normal life out of gear," a Revenue official told reporters. As per report very heavy rainfall measuring up to 19 cm was received in certain parts of Dakshina Kannada district.
Accordingly, Revenue Minister RV Deshpande told reporters here that Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy had released additional funds to compensate the rain affected people in Dakshina Kannada district. Meanwhile the incessant rains also disrupted vehicular traffic across the region, as landslides in the ghat section and state highways between Hassan and Mangaluru blocked roads with debris and fallen trees.
A Public Works Department official told reporters at Sakleshpur in Hassan
district said "The road continues to pose danger and is out of access for
vehicles to pass through the ghat section”. Moreover the Forests Department has
launched an operation to clear the fallen trees across the ghat road and those
precariously positioned off it. IMD added “The heavy monsoon is likely to
continue over the next few days in the coastal, south and north districts”.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath