Central government's Niti Ayog committee has given a report where it has stated that India will soon face a huge water scarcity situation. India has been facing scarcity of water already in many places these days. In the research done by Niti Ayog, it has been concluded that the water needs of the nation will increase to double the times than now, by 2030.
The Niti Ayog discussion meeting was held yesterday in Delhi. In the meeting, the water resources minister Nitin Gadkari had briefed on the water conditions. A report on water management was presented at the meeting. According to the report, more than 60 crores Indians are subjected to lack of access to water.
The report also has a shocking point that more than 2 lakh people die every year due to water problems. By 2020, more than 20 prominent cities of the country will lose their groundwater resource, said the minister. He had also said that people must not waste water resources, and save rainwater by implementing rainwater harvesting methodologies, besides also planting trees, else India will become another Cape Town, South Africa, said the minister.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar