Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that the upcoming Kerala Boat Race League will evolve into a world class tourism product, state Tourism Minister Kadakampally Surendran said on Thursday. Meanwhile elaborating, he said that the league will include various boat races from five districts, excluding the ones that are held in relation to religious customs and traditions and the matches would be held mostly on Saturdays.
Surendran said “Boat Race League will begin on August 11 with the Nehru Boat Race Trophy that will be held at the Alappuzha Punnamada Lake. Accordingly the Nehru Trophy Boat Race will be the qualifying event and the league matches will be held on the succeeding days by including the top nine A teams from the qualifying race and the league will have a total of 12 games, and will conclude on November 1 with the Kollam President Trophy Boat Race".
Furthermore the matches will be held at six venues
in Alappuzha district, two in Ernakulam district and one each in Thrissur,
Kottayam and Kollam districts. Moreover the qualifying teams will be granted a
bonus amount of Rs 4 lakh, while the prize money for the top three teams in
each league match has been fixed at Rs 5 lakh for the winner, Rs 3 lakh for the
runner-up, and Rs 1 lakh for the third spot. Further the final winner of the
league will be receiving prize money of Rs 10 lakh.
Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india According to sources in a major relief to the victims of triple talak and Muslims rights activists, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved an ordinance making the Islamic divorce a serious crime and a punishable offense in India. Meanwhile Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad said the government had to take ordinance route as it failed to pass it through both the houses of parliament.
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"