As per report from sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Friday that he had instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam as he expressed hope there would be smooth sharing of Cauvery river water with Tamilnadu in view of prospects of a good monsoon. He said "He had instructed irrigation officials to release 20,000 cusecs from the Kabini dam. There is a bright chance for good monsoon rains this year and if the monsoon continues like this, we can give Tamilnadu's share of 10 TMC in June as per the Cauvery water sharing authority's order".
Moreover Kumaraswamy said "The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy and by the grace of God the monsoon has so far been good and has created a smooth atmosphere in sharing Cauvery water," he told reporters after offering worship at the Sri Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Furthermore Kumaraswamy said there was good rain in the catchment areas of
rivers in Karnataka and dams were receiving good inflows. Media report added
that Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Hassan expressed happiness over the
Karnataka government's decision to release water from the Kabini dam. Meanwhile
Kamal Hassan who called on Kumaraswamy early this month in Bengaluru discussed
the Cauvery issue and pitched for talks to resolve the issue, saying courts
were never a solution to the problem of sharing of the inter-state river.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day