As per report from sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Friday that he had instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam as he expressed hope there would be smooth sharing of Cauvery river water with Tamilnadu in view of prospects of a good monsoon. He said "He had instructed irrigation officials to release 20,000 cusecs from the Kabini dam. There is a bright chance for good monsoon rains this year and if the monsoon continues like this, we can give Tamilnadu's share of 10 TMC in June as per the Cauvery water sharing authority's order".
Moreover Kumaraswamy said "The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy and by the grace of God the monsoon has so far been good and has created a smooth atmosphere in sharing Cauvery water," he told reporters after offering worship at the Sri Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Furthermore Kumaraswamy said there was good rain in the catchment areas of
rivers in Karnataka and dams were receiving good inflows. Media report added
that Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Hassan expressed happiness over the
Karnataka government's decision to release water from the Kabini dam. Meanwhile
Kamal Hassan who called on Kumaraswamy early this month in Bengaluru discussed
the Cauvery issue and pitched for talks to resolve the issue, saying courts
were never a solution to the problem of sharing of the inter-state river.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India