As per report from sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Friday that he had instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam as he expressed hope there would be smooth sharing of Cauvery river water with Tamilnadu in view of prospects of a good monsoon. He said "He had instructed irrigation officials to release 20,000 cusecs from the Kabini dam. There is a bright chance for good monsoon rains this year and if the monsoon continues like this, we can give Tamilnadu's share of 10 TMC in June as per the Cauvery water sharing authority's order".
Moreover Kumaraswamy said "The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy and by the grace of God the monsoon has so far been good and has created a smooth atmosphere in sharing Cauvery water," he told reporters after offering worship at the Sri Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Furthermore Kumaraswamy said there was good rain in the catchment areas of
rivers in Karnataka and dams were receiving good inflows. Media report added
that Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Hassan expressed happiness over the
Karnataka government's decision to release water from the Kabini dam. Meanwhile
Kamal Hassan who called on Kumaraswamy early this month in Bengaluru discussed
the Cauvery issue and pitched for talks to resolve the issue, saying courts
were never a solution to the problem of sharing of the inter-state river.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant