New Delhi sources added that to defeat Narendra Modi in the next general Lok Sabha elections, Opposition Congress is said to be mulling over to do a big sacrifice the grand old party is contemplating to contest in relatively less number of seats to accommodate its allies. Meanwhile the move is to attract as many as Opposition parties for a grand alliance to take on Modi led NDA.
As per report this is after the outcome of Karnataka verdict where neither Congress nor JD(S) got clear majority and the duo formed the government only after forging post poll alliance. Meanwhile political analysts have opined that the Congress and JD(S) could have won easily had they contested together, Congress seems to have changed its strategy pan India. Accordingly even in the recent by elections, be it in Bihar or UP, United Opposition has shown stars to BJP.
Moreover taking cognizance of these, Congress under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi is toying with the idea of contesting in lesser seats to stop Modi. As per report for 2019, Congress party's sole agenda seems to be to stop Modi's comeback to power. Presently many say Congress brainstorm may certainly trouble Modi in 2019 polls.
TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja Chennai sources stated that at least 11 people have died as cyclonic storm ‘Gaja’ made landfall in Tamilnadu with wind speed gusting up to 120 kmph, Chief Minister K Palanisamy said on Friday. When speaking to reporters at Salem, Palanisamy said relief work will be taken up on a war footing and that the work was already underway and the government has received information that so far 11 persons have died," he said without divulging further information.
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16