Chennai sources reported that city passengers in Chennai will soon be able to use a single card to take the Metro and MTC buses, thanks to a single smart card or a common mobility card to be launched by Metro officials by the end of the year. Accordingly a metro rail official told that the card has been tested at metro stations and MTC's electronic ticketing machines and moreover the testing of the smart card for compatibility is being done by upgrading hardware and software.
As per report the officials also stated that electronic ticketing machines used by MTC conductors at present already have hardware in place that can read and scan smart cards and the only thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the software and make it compatible with the system. Accordingly the contactless cards used at metro stations have a magnetic strip in which information such as the station code and amount recharge will be stored.
Furthermore on exiting a station, the distance
traveled will be calculated based on the code and the amount will be deducted. Presently
similar cards are used in metro station parking lots and MTC buses. Moreover according
to reports, the state has plans to integrate all state run transport services
to the common mobility card and the MTC Metro connection is just the
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina