Chennai sources reported that city passengers in Chennai will soon be able to use a single card to take the Metro and MTC buses, thanks to a single smart card or a common mobility card to be launched by Metro officials by the end of the year. Accordingly a metro rail official told that the card has been tested at metro stations and MTC's electronic ticketing machines and moreover the testing of the smart card for compatibility is being done by upgrading hardware and software.
As per report the officials also stated that electronic ticketing machines used by MTC conductors at present already have hardware in place that can read and scan smart cards and the only thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the software and make it compatible with the system. Accordingly the contactless cards used at metro stations have a magnetic strip in which information such as the station code and amount recharge will be stored.
Furthermore on exiting a station, the distance
traveled will be calculated based on the code and the amount will be deducted. Presently
similar cards are used in metro station parking lots and MTC buses. Moreover according
to reports, the state has plans to integrate all state run transport services
to the common mobility card and the MTC Metro connection is just the
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam