Chennai sources reported that city passengers in Chennai will soon be able to use a single card to take the Metro and MTC buses, thanks to a single smart card or a common mobility card to be launched by Metro officials by the end of the year. Accordingly a metro rail official told that the card has been tested at metro stations and MTC's electronic ticketing machines and moreover the testing of the smart card for compatibility is being done by upgrading hardware and software.
As per report the officials also stated that electronic ticketing machines used by MTC conductors at present already have hardware in place that can read and scan smart cards and the only thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the software and make it compatible with the system. Accordingly the contactless cards used at metro stations have a magnetic strip in which information such as the station code and amount recharge will be stored.
Furthermore on exiting a station, the distance
traveled will be calculated based on the code and the amount will be deducted. Presently
similar cards are used in metro station parking lots and MTC buses. Moreover according
to reports, the state has plans to integrate all state run transport services
to the common mobility card and the MTC Metro connection is just the
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?