A Telugu media house – Andhra Jyothi – had flashed a survey on the present political situation in Andhra Pradesh. Claimed to have been done by former Congress MP and business tycoon, Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey projected a comfortable win for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and a huge loss to the Opposition YSR Congress.
Lagadapati Rajagopal is known as ‘Andhra Octopus’ for his accurate predictions and it is now seen as his survey was manipulated to build a favourable image for Chandrababu Naidu and his Telugu Desam Party. As the political leanings of Andhra Jyothi are known to be pro-Telugu Desam Party, the survey results too were seen on the same lines.
The survey claimed no anti-incumbency for Chandrababu Naidu, while it rules out any impact of Jaganmohan Reddy’s Praja Sankalpa Yatra, which attracts thousands of people all through in the last six months. The survey also tried to build a greater positive image for Chandrababu Naidu on his fight for the special category status demand. Though Chandrababu Naidu raised the demand just two months ago, the survey attributed peoples’ support for Chandrababu Naidu on the issue, ignoring the fight by the Opposition YSR Congress and the other parties that have been keeping the issue alive even when Chandrababu Naidu compromised on the issue during his stay with the NDA.
Andhra Jyothi group had always been airing reports in favour of the TDP and the survey was not a surprise for the people who watch the channel or its print version. The interesting point is that if elections are held right now, the TDP wins 110 Assembly seats, an up by 8 seats from 2014 and YSR Congress wins 60 seats, a fall by 7 seats that it had won in the last election. As there is no possibility of having elections at this point of time, this survey can be ridiculed.
Attributing to Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey is seen as a plot by the pro-TDP media to build a positive image for Chandrababu Naidu in the adverse situation where he is isolated in the State politics after his break-up with the BJP. In 2019 election, perhaps for the first time, Chandrababu Naidu would be going to the elections without alliance. Interestingly, there is no party left in the State to align with Naidu in the election and it is for this reality, the media tried to build a positive image for him.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam