The YSR Congress is hopeful of by-elections to the five Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh for which the party MPs have submitted their resignations. The party leaders are confident of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan accepting their resignations in a day or two. They are also hopeful that the Election Commission would order for the by-elections to these five seats along with the three in Karnataka.
B S Yedyurappa and B Sriramulu of the BJP and C S Putturaju of the Janata Dal (Secular) have resigned to their Lok Sabha seats following their election to the State Assembly. The two BJP members’ resignations were accepted with effect from May 18, while the JD (S) member’s resignation was accepted with effect from May 21.
Now, if the five YSR Congress MPs resignations are to be accepted, the Election Commission would have to hold by-elections to these 8 Lok Sabha seats.
YSR Congress MP P Mithun Reddy said that the Lok Sabha Speaker had agreed to accept their resignations and in all probability, the Speaker would issue a notification either on June 19 or 20. Once the Lok Sabha issues notification, the same would be intimated to the Election Commission about the vacancies following which the EC would take a call.
The ruling Telugu Desam Party had announced that it would contest all the five Lok Sabha seats in the State if by-elections were held. Though the YSR Congress MPs have resigned in protest against the denial of special category status, the TDP wants to contest the seats to prove that the YSR Congress party’s protest was fake and the TDP’s protest was genuine.
The two parties are vying with each other to prove that they are genuine in fighting for the special category status. The TDP is confident that Chandrababu Naidu is more genuine and serious in his fight and accuse the YSR Congress of conspiracy with the BJP. However, it is now for the people to say who is fake and who is genuine if elections are held for the five Lok Sabha seats.
Did CBN fulfill Poll Promises in 2014 Elections? : YS Jagan According to sources the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and YSR Congress Party President YS Jagan flayed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu over his failure to deliver on his poll promises made way back in 2014 during elections and the YSRCP supreme was addressing a massive public gathering at Repalle in Guntur district.
- Will Kamal Hassan contest in LS Polls?
- History Maker: Nitin Shah - Managing Director, Nitin Group of Companies
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?
- MK Stalin ready to Investigate Jayalalitha's death after coming to power