The YSR Congress is hopeful of by-elections to the five Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh for which the party MPs have submitted their resignations. The party leaders are confident of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan accepting their resignations in a day or two. They are also hopeful that the Election Commission would order for the by-elections to these five seats along with the three in Karnataka.
B S Yedyurappa and B Sriramulu of the BJP and C S Putturaju of the Janata Dal (Secular) have resigned to their Lok Sabha seats following their election to the State Assembly. The two BJP members’ resignations were accepted with effect from May 18, while the JD (S) member’s resignation was accepted with effect from May 21.
Now, if the five YSR Congress MPs resignations are to be accepted, the Election Commission would have to hold by-elections to these 8 Lok Sabha seats.
YSR Congress MP P Mithun Reddy said that the Lok Sabha Speaker had agreed to accept their resignations and in all probability, the Speaker would issue a notification either on June 19 or 20. Once the Lok Sabha issues notification, the same would be intimated to the Election Commission about the vacancies following which the EC would take a call.
The ruling Telugu Desam Party had announced that it would contest all the five Lok Sabha seats in the State if by-elections were held. Though the YSR Congress MPs have resigned in protest against the denial of special category status, the TDP wants to contest the seats to prove that the YSR Congress party’s protest was fake and the TDP’s protest was genuine.
The two parties are vying with each other to prove that they are genuine in fighting for the special category status. The TDP is confident that Chandrababu Naidu is more genuine and serious in his fight and accuse the YSR Congress of conspiracy with the BJP. However, it is now for the people to say who is fake and who is genuine if elections are held for the five Lok Sabha seats.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli