In connection with a scam in the emission tests of the cars, Audi Chief Executive officer Rupert Stadler has been arrested in Germany. Audi cars are produced by Volkswagen Company. Luxury cars are manufactured by Volkswagen under the brand name of Audi. In 2015, there were reports that the Audi cars were designed by Volkswagen in such a way, that they contained a device to evade emission tests.
In the 600000 cars sent to America, it had placed the device to bypass emission test, as confessed by the car major it. It was later revealed that 11 million diesel cars had the emission test evasion software, and Volkswagen has also revealed that the software was tuned to display low emission results.
However, it was found that more than
the lab test phase, the cars were emitting 40 percent more smoke. Following
suspicion on Audi, the company had accepted that 60000 cars of Audi A6 and A7
models had the software issue. For restructure and repairs, the company had
taken back 8,50,000 cars. In such a scenario Rupert Stadler has been arrested
so as to avoid destruction of evidence in the case.
New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020 Accordingly Vizhinjam Port, one of Kerala's dream projects that have been hanging fire for over 25 years, will be commissioned in October 2020. Meanwhile when addressing reporters in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, Rajesh Jha, CEO, Adani Vizhinjam Port Pvt Ltd, said that even though the original agreement was to complete the work and commission the port in 1,425 days, due to some issues it has been postponed to October 2020.
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir