Washington sources reported that Democratic lawmakers vowed Sunday to end the "evil" separation of migrant children from their parents at the US border, as First Lady Melania Trump made a rare political plea to end the deeply controversial practice. Meanwhile the "zero-tolerance" border security policy implemented by President Donald Trump's administration has sparked outrage on both sides of the political aisle and took on particular resonance as America celebrated Father's Day.
Accordingly Trump has said he wants the separations to end, but continues to blame opposition Democrats for the crisis, which critics say is one of his own making. He tweeted "The Democrats should get together with their Republican counterparts and work something out on Border Security & Safety. Don't wait until after the election because you are going to lose”.
Moreover his wife, who seldom wades into the
political arena, opted to call for bipartisan immigration reform to fix the
issue, rather than denounce the policy. Her spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told "Mrs.
Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides
of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform”.
Moreover she wrote on twitter “ For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we
have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate
if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family'
members, or if the adult has broken a law”.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million