Washington sources reported that Democratic lawmakers vowed Sunday to end the "evil" separation of migrant children from their parents at the US border, as First Lady Melania Trump made a rare political plea to end the deeply controversial practice. Meanwhile the "zero-tolerance" border security policy implemented by President Donald Trump's administration has sparked outrage on both sides of the political aisle and took on particular resonance as America celebrated Father's Day.
Accordingly Trump has said he wants the separations to end, but continues to blame opposition Democrats for the crisis, which critics say is one of his own making. He tweeted "The Democrats should get together with their Republican counterparts and work something out on Border Security & Safety. Don't wait until after the election because you are going to lose”.
Moreover his wife, who seldom wades into the
political arena, opted to call for bipartisan immigration reform to fix the
issue, rather than denounce the policy. Her spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told "Mrs.
Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides
of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform”.
Moreover she wrote on twitter “ For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we
have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate
if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family'
members, or if the adult has broken a law”.
Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height As per report, the price of petrol nearing the psychological Rs 90 a litre mark in Mumbai with the fuel selling at Rs 89.44 under the dynamic pricing regime. Meanwhile as per rates released daily by state run Indian Oil Corp, the depreciating rupee and expensive crude oil further pushed petrol and diesel to new record highs on Monday.
- Heavy rains expected yesterday as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee