New Delhi sources reported that Delhi government has directed all schools to ensure formation of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to deal with complaints of sexual harassment. The Directorate of Education said in a fresh communication to school principals said “As per the provisions under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 all schools are directed to ensure constitution of ICC”.
Meanwhile according to norms prescribed by DoE, there shall not be less than four members, including presiding officer in the ICC. The DoE letter said “The presiding officer of the committee shall be a woman employed at senior level in the school and at least half of the members should be women. Moreover one member must be from NGOs or associations committed to the cause of women or person familiar with issues relating to sexual harassment”.
Moreover the department has also asked schools to
ensure that the presiding officer and all ICC members shall not hold office for
a period exceeding three years from their date of nomination.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party