Washington sources reported that after citing national security reasons for slapping tariffs on Canadian metals, Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor Tuesday, claiming its citizens were smuggling shoes across the border. Meanwhile Trump has angered Canada with his protectionist rhetoric, and has threatened to scrap the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in favor of a new bilateral trade deal.
He said "The tariffs are so massive. The tariffs to get common items back into Canada are so high that they have to smuggle them in". Trump continued "They buy shoes, and then they wear them. They scuff them up, they make them look old”. Moreover Canada is not going to take advantage of the United States any longer.
Further Canadians returning to their country from abroad receive certain
duty exemptions if they have been away for more than 24 hours. Meanwhile as
part of NAFTA renegotiation, Washington wants Ottawa to expand these waivers
to encourage Canadians to spend more in the US and such a measure would
negatively impact Canadian vendors.
Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india According to sources in a major relief to the victims of triple talak and Muslims rights activists, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved an ordinance making the Islamic divorce a serious crime and a punishable offense in India. Meanwhile Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad said the government had to take ordinance route as it failed to pass it through both the houses of parliament.
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"