AICC president Rahul Gandhi is understood to have set his eyes on the Andhra Pradesh politics. In a meeting with the party leaders from the State in Delhi, Rahul Gandhi had reportedly reviewed the party position besides taking information on the performance of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and Opposition Leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
The meeting, which also had the share of one-to-one interaction with the leaders, also had discussion about the need of alliance with other parties and the possibilities of strengthening the party from the grassroots. While some leaders favoured alliance with Jana Sena and the Left parties, some wanted the party to go it alone to strengthen its base in the State.
Majority of the leaders have reportedly favoured the continuation of Raghuveera Reddy as APCC chief, while some wanted a change to go aggressive as the incumbent is soft in targeting the TDP and the YSR Congress. Rahul Gandhi had reportedly told the AP leaders to target the YSR Congress more than the TDP as the victory of Jaganmohan Reddy in the next election would seal the fate of the party forever. “There is a lot of difference between Jaganmohan Reddy and his father Rajasekhar Reddy. While the late leader was more concerned about the welfare of the people, Jaganmohan Reddy’s agenda is only to capture power,” Rahul Gandhi is understood to have gave his view of the leadership in the State.
At the end of the meeting, Rahul Gandhi had asked APCC chief Raghuveera Reddy and AICC general secretary Oommen Chandy to keep visiting every district in the next four to five months strengthening the party. He had also reportedly promised to visit the State before the State goes for the next round of elections.
The party now has the booth level committees in one fourth of the total election booths in the State, which shows the party’s total bankruptcy of cadre after the 2014 elections. It might take a few more years for the party to have its activists at the grassroots as its existing cadre had migrated to the YSR Congress. The Congress wants to build the party on the special category status slogan claiming that it would be possible only through the Congress and only if Rahul Gandhi becomes the Prime Minister.It is to be seen how people would take this slogan once the Congress goes to the people in the next few months as it gets ready for the elections.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India