AICC president Rahul Gandhi is understood to have set his eyes on the Andhra Pradesh politics. In a meeting with the party leaders from the State in Delhi, Rahul Gandhi had reportedly reviewed the party position besides taking information on the performance of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and Opposition Leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
The meeting, which also had the share of one-to-one interaction with the leaders, also had discussion about the need of alliance with other parties and the possibilities of strengthening the party from the grassroots. While some leaders favoured alliance with Jana Sena and the Left parties, some wanted the party to go it alone to strengthen its base in the State.
Majority of the leaders have reportedly favoured the continuation of Raghuveera Reddy as APCC chief, while some wanted a change to go aggressive as the incumbent is soft in targeting the TDP and the YSR Congress. Rahul Gandhi had reportedly told the AP leaders to target the YSR Congress more than the TDP as the victory of Jaganmohan Reddy in the next election would seal the fate of the party forever. “There is a lot of difference between Jaganmohan Reddy and his father Rajasekhar Reddy. While the late leader was more concerned about the welfare of the people, Jaganmohan Reddy’s agenda is only to capture power,” Rahul Gandhi is understood to have gave his view of the leadership in the State.
At the end of the meeting, Rahul Gandhi had asked APCC chief Raghuveera Reddy and AICC general secretary Oommen Chandy to keep visiting every district in the next four to five months strengthening the party. He had also reportedly promised to visit the State before the State goes for the next round of elections.
The party now has the booth level committees in one fourth of the total election booths in the State, which shows the party’s total bankruptcy of cadre after the 2014 elections. It might take a few more years for the party to have its activists at the grassroots as its existing cadre had migrated to the YSR Congress. The Congress wants to build the party on the special category status slogan claiming that it would be possible only through the Congress and only if Rahul Gandhi becomes the Prime Minister.It is to be seen how people would take this slogan once the Congress goes to the people in the next few months as it gets ready for the elections.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day