Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’. Meanwhile he told newsmen at Tiruchy on Tuesday that once the telecom staff were declared as BSNL employees, the consequence was that for the last nine years, they have been denied bonus, pay hike and other benefits.
Furthermore he disputed the Government’s claim that BSNL did not earn profits and said this was because of the Central government’s policy decision. Moreover he said that there were 66,000 telecom towers of the BSNL across the country and government was attempting to privatize these towers. Accordingly if the Government went ahead with that plan, the federation would launch a nationwide agitation, warned Mr. Mathivanan.
Further he also took strong exception to PM
Narendra Modi for allegedly acting as a 'brand ambassador' for the private Jio
network, but would not do such a thing for BSNL. Hence Mr. Mathivanan said once
there were 114 employees per 1,000 telephones and now it has come down to six
staff per 1,000 telephones. Due to this skewed ratio, the services of BSNL have
been severely affected of late.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers