Hyderabad sources reported that the main opposition Congress and others have recently held protests in support of setting up of the steel plant in the Khammam region following reports that the Centre was not favorably inclined to execute it. He said the minister was speaking after inspecting Hyderabad Metro Rail works on the 16 km stretch between Ameerpet and LB Nagar, part of the first phase and it would be ready for operations by the end of July.
Rao said “The patronage to the Hyderabad Metro Rail had been good (with average 80,000 travelers since the first stretch was inaugurated seven months ago, he said adding there were no major complaint over the operations”. Meanwhile the 30 km long first leg of the Hyderabad Metro rail, inaugurated in November last year between Miyapur and Nagole, has 24 stations. Electric charging infrastructure would be set up at the metro stations to promote electric vehicles.
Media reports added that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of second phase
of metro project was expected to be ready by July. The minister said the vision
was to link the Hyderabad international airport from all corners of the city
through the metro rail.
Sushma Swaraj quits election politics! Central external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj has announced that she will not be contesting in the Lok Sabha elections which are going to be held next year. Madhya Pradesh elections will be held on November 28. Yesterday, external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj had met the press during the election campaigns of the Madhya Pradesh elections, and during this meeting, she had announced her decision.
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?