Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had accepted the resignations of the five MPs from the State. The Speakers’ office had issued notification on Thursday indicating that the resignations were accepted with effect from June 20.
YSR Congress MPs, Y S Avinash Reddy of Kadapa, P V Midhun Reddy of Rajampet, V Varaprasada Rao of Tirupati, M Rajamohan Reddy of Nellore and Y V Subba Reddy of Ongole have submitted their resignations on April 6. After continued protest all through the budget session seeking special category status to the state, the MPs have submitted their resignations in protest against the denial of the special category status to the state.
The Speaker had two rounds of meetings with the MPs on their resignations and had even asked them to give her confirmation letters. It was on June 6, two months after their resignations, the MPs have submitted reconfirmation letters to the Speaker.
Finally, amidst speculation, the Speaker had accepted their resignations. However, it is unlikely of by-elections as the term of the Lok Sabha is less than one year from the date of acceptance of the resignations. However, it is to be seen what the election commission would decide once the Lok Sabha secretariat sends the communication on the vacancies.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli