Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had accepted the resignations of the five MPs from the State. The Speakers’ office had issued notification on Thursday indicating that the resignations were accepted with effect from June 20.
YSR Congress MPs, Y S Avinash Reddy of Kadapa, P V Midhun Reddy of Rajampet, V Varaprasada Rao of Tirupati, M Rajamohan Reddy of Nellore and Y V Subba Reddy of Ongole have submitted their resignations on April 6. After continued protest all through the budget session seeking special category status to the state, the MPs have submitted their resignations in protest against the denial of the special category status to the state.
The Speaker had two rounds of meetings with the MPs on their resignations and had even asked them to give her confirmation letters. It was on June 6, two months after their resignations, the MPs have submitted reconfirmation letters to the Speaker.
Finally, amidst speculation, the Speaker had accepted their resignations. However, it is unlikely of by-elections as the term of the Lok Sabha is less than one year from the date of acceptance of the resignations. However, it is to be seen what the election commission would decide once the Lok Sabha secretariat sends the communication on the vacancies.
Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK? Accordingly the fate of the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) is uncertain due to paucity of funds as the state is going through a rebuilding process after being hit by the worst ever floods last month and usually IFFK is held in December every year.
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana