Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan had accepted the resignations of the five MPs from the State. The Speakers’ office had issued notification on Thursday indicating that the resignations were accepted with effect from June 20.
YSR Congress MPs, Y S Avinash Reddy of Kadapa, P V Midhun Reddy of Rajampet, V Varaprasada Rao of Tirupati, M Rajamohan Reddy of Nellore and Y V Subba Reddy of Ongole have submitted their resignations on April 6. After continued protest all through the budget session seeking special category status to the state, the MPs have submitted their resignations in protest against the denial of the special category status to the state.
The Speaker had two rounds of meetings with the MPs on their resignations and had even asked them to give her confirmation letters. It was on June 6, two months after their resignations, the MPs have submitted reconfirmation letters to the Speaker.
Finally, amidst speculation, the Speaker had accepted their resignations. However, it is unlikely of by-elections as the term of the Lok Sabha is less than one year from the date of acceptance of the resignations. However, it is to be seen what the election commission would decide once the Lok Sabha secretariat sends the communication on the vacancies.
TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement Mohan Babu along with his Sree Vidyaniketan Engineering College students sat down for a massive protest today in Tirupati against the ruling TDP government regarding the fees reimbursement issue. Mohan Babu’s announcement gained prominence in view of the upcoming general elections.
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA