The resignations acceptance of the five MPs had come handy for the Opposition YSR Congress to take advantage of the situation. The party now wants to project the “great sacrifice” of the MPs to pave the way for the party’s victory in the next general elections.
As the special category status demand had become sentimental and all parties are programming their campaign around it, the YSR Congress wants to take major advantage projecting the MPs resignation. While there is no possibility of the by-elections for the five Parliament seats, the party is focusing more on taking the MPs to the people.
The party had already planned a day-long protest at Ananthapur on June 30 against the betrayal of the Telugu Desam Party in the State and the Bharatiya Janata Party at the Centre on the special category status. The five MPs are expected to be part of this protest followed by series of such events across the State. The YSR Congress is set to stake claim for the special category status fight and expose both the TDP and the BJP on denying the benefit to the State.
The YSR Congress had already prepared a detailed list of statements that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had made during the last four years on the special category status. The party is also preparing documental evidence to be presented to the people on how Chandrababu Naidu had changed his stand on the key issue over the last four years. The audio clip is also planned for the social media campaign to hit at the ruling TDP.
Jaganmohan Reddy, who is now in Hyderabad, is set to meet the party senior leaders, including some of the MPs, on Friday evening and discuss the course of agitation to be taken up in the coming months. The party wants to keep the tempo and gain maximum benefit from the resignations in the form of votes.
“Our MPs have made greatest sacrifice of quitting their posts. It is the time for every leader in the party to tell the people about this sacrifice and make people understand our commitment,” Jaganmohan Reddy had reportedly told the party leaders on Thursday evening, when the news of the Lok Sabha speaker accepting the resignations came out.
It is to be seen how Jaganmohan Reddy and his party would make use of this opportunity in projecting the resignations as sacrifice.
Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that Social activist Trupti Desai said Wednesday she would visit the Sabarimala temple, which saw frenzied protests from devotees against the Supreme Court's decision to allow women of all ages to offer prayers, with six other women in the 10-50 age group on Saturday.
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday