The resignations acceptance of the five MPs had come handy for the Opposition YSR Congress to take advantage of the situation. The party now wants to project the “great sacrifice” of the MPs to pave the way for the party’s victory in the next general elections.
As the special category status demand had become sentimental and all parties are programming their campaign around it, the YSR Congress wants to take major advantage projecting the MPs resignation. While there is no possibility of the by-elections for the five Parliament seats, the party is focusing more on taking the MPs to the people.
The party had already planned a day-long protest at Ananthapur on June 30 against the betrayal of the Telugu Desam Party in the State and the Bharatiya Janata Party at the Centre on the special category status. The five MPs are expected to be part of this protest followed by series of such events across the State. The YSR Congress is set to stake claim for the special category status fight and expose both the TDP and the BJP on denying the benefit to the State.
The YSR Congress had already prepared a detailed list of statements that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had made during the last four years on the special category status. The party is also preparing documental evidence to be presented to the people on how Chandrababu Naidu had changed his stand on the key issue over the last four years. The audio clip is also planned for the social media campaign to hit at the ruling TDP.
Jaganmohan Reddy, who is now in Hyderabad, is set to meet the party senior leaders, including some of the MPs, on Friday evening and discuss the course of agitation to be taken up in the coming months. The party wants to keep the tempo and gain maximum benefit from the resignations in the form of votes.
“Our MPs have made greatest sacrifice of quitting their posts. It is the time for every leader in the party to tell the people about this sacrifice and make people understand our commitment,” Jaganmohan Reddy had reportedly told the party leaders on Thursday evening, when the news of the Lok Sabha speaker accepting the resignations came out.
It is to be seen how Jaganmohan Reddy and his party would make use of this opportunity in projecting the resignations as sacrifice.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!