Atlanta sources reported that a jury has convicted 23 year old Gaege Bethune of first degree murder with aggravated battery in the February 2014 death of Pravin Varughese, a Southern Illinois University student. Meanwhile the 12 person jury returned the verdict Thursday night against Bethune of Eldorado, Illinois. He faces 20 to 60 years in prison when sentenced.
As per report Bethune had been charged with two counts of felony murder. In one charge, the state alleged Bethune punched Varughese in the head, causing great bodily harm. The prosecution argued Varughese’s death was a direct and foreseeable consequence of that punch. The jury found Bethune guilty on that count.
Moreover prosecutors said that after Varughese asked Bethune for a ride
outside of 405 W. College St. in Carbondale on the night of Feb. 12, 2014, the
two men rode around for about 30 minutes looking to purchase cocaine. The
prosecution alleged the punch caused Varughese to lose control of his faculties
and become disoriented, which caused him to die of hypothermia. Previously Varughese’s
body was found several days later in a wooded area south of Illinois Route
13, five days after he encountered Bethune at a party in February of 2014.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority