Atlanta sources reported that a jury has convicted 23 year old Gaege Bethune of first degree murder with aggravated battery in the February 2014 death of Pravin Varughese, a Southern Illinois University student. Meanwhile the 12 person jury returned the verdict Thursday night against Bethune of Eldorado, Illinois. He faces 20 to 60 years in prison when sentenced.
As per report Bethune had been charged with two counts of felony murder. In one charge, the state alleged Bethune punched Varughese in the head, causing great bodily harm. The prosecution argued Varughese’s death was a direct and foreseeable consequence of that punch. The jury found Bethune guilty on that count.
Moreover prosecutors said that after Varughese asked Bethune for a ride
outside of 405 W. College St. in Carbondale on the night of Feb. 12, 2014, the
two men rode around for about 30 minutes looking to purchase cocaine. The
prosecution alleged the punch caused Varughese to lose control of his faculties
and become disoriented, which caused him to die of hypothermia. Previously Varughese’s
body was found several days later in a wooded area south of Illinois Route
13, five days after he encountered Bethune at a party in February of 2014.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal