With the inclusion of Petrol and Diesel under the GST, there will be a taxation of 28% and an additional value added tax which makes it obvious that there are no chances of a price reduction of the fuels. Currently the tax imposed on petrol per liter is 19 rupees and 48 paise, while the tax imposed per liter of diesel happens to be 15 rupees and 33 paise. Besides, the state governments have been imposing the VAT as well. Thanks to this taxation, half of the petrol and diesel prices are attributed to the state and central government taxes itself.
As a least tax, only Andaman and Nicobar islands have 6% sales tax. With regards to Petrol, Mumbai has 39.12 % sales tax, and Telangana has 36% sales tax, with tax being 45-50 % of petrol price, and 30-35% of diesel price. While it was earlier misguided that inclusion of petrol and diesel under GST will help reduce prices, it has been revealed that it will actually increase the price of the fuels.
It is based on the price of crude
oil in international market that the rates of fuels are determined, and during
Karnataka elections, there was a pause in price increment, and immediately post
the election result, the prices were raised by more than 4 rupees.
While it was learnt that reducing excise tax will result in loss for the
government to the tune of `13000 crores, now the government is planning to
impose GST on Petrol and Diesel.
Pawan Kalyan Missed A Simple Logic? Janasena President Pawan Kalyan has intensified his Election Campaign. He is lambasting Telangana Chief Minister KCR in his speeches for trying to interfere in the Andhra Pradesh Elections and help Jagan Mohan Reddy. YSR Congress also increased its tirade on Pawan alleging that he is a stooge of Chandrababu.
- Tennis star Serena Willaims joined actress Priyanka Chopra as investor of Bumble
- YS Jagan reaffirmed Jalayagnam project on Water Day
- 24 districts in TN declared drought-hit on account of failure of northeast monsoon
- Four days after an under construction building collapsed in Dharwad, Karnataka
- Pawan Kalyan let out his Assets worth
- Kummanam Rajashekaran bagged a ticket to contest from Thiruvananthapuram constituency
- Melania Trump posted a sweet birthday wish for her son Barron on Twitter
- Father Vs Daughter clash in AP politics now!
- TTV Dinakaran's counter for OPS son!
- Bank data misused by TDP for vote money!
- YSRCP advantage in Nellore!
- My rivals lacked guts to attack Me directly, targeting watchmen: PM Modi
- Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices