Minister for Human Resources, Ganta Srinivasa Rao, is likely to quit the ruling Telugu Desam Party. Sources say that he had made up his mind to call it a day in the TDP. Though Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had tried to pacify him in Visakhapatnam the other day, the Minister is said to be disappointed and unhappy with the TDP.
He took the decision following a survey revealed by Telugu media group, Andhra Jyothi, which predicted his defeat at Bhimili Assembly constituency in Visakhapatnam, while it gave a second victory to the TDP. He strongly believes that the survey was released after due clearance by the Chief Minister, who wanted to scare the Minister and other leaders. But, the Minister took it seriously and had kept himself away from the government activities, including the Cabinet meet. It is said that Chandrababu Naidu wanted Ganta Srinivas Rao to meet him and seek his support once the survey results are out. However, his expectations proved wrong as the Minister did not turn up even for the Cabinet meeting.
Surprised at this development, Chandrababu Naidu had arranged a meeting in Visakhapatnam and had sent two senior leaders to Ganta to pacify him. Deputy chief minister Nimmakayala Chinarajappa and MLA P Ramesh Babu have visited Ganta at his home and closeted with him for two hours. It was in their presence Chandrababu Naidu had called Chinarajappa’s mobile and spoke to the sulking Minister and had invited him to participate in his programmes.
On the pressure from the two leaders and the Chief Minister, the Minister had attended the programmes but left in between without even informing the Chief Minister. Shocked at this, the Chief Minister had once again sent the deputy chief minister and invited Ganta for lunch where the two had private talks. However, even after the lunch meeting, the Minister is not happy with the Chief Minister and had decided to quit.Ganta’s contention is that Andhra Jyothi’s survey was released at the behest of the Chief Minister and was aimed at him. He did not believe Chandrababu Naidu’s claims that he too had no knowledge of the survey.
From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times Accordingly the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have announced that restaurants will no longer be able to reuse cooking oil multiple times. Meanwhile the new restriction, which will go into effect from March 3, will prohibit reusing cooking oil more than 3 times by a restaurant or eatery.
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line