Panaji sources added that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is likely to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi next week to resolve the mining crisis in the coastal state which was triggered after the Supreme Court banned mining in all 88 operational mining leases in March. Accordingly a statement issued by the Chief Minister's Office said on Friday "The Chief Minister will also hold a joint meeting of all mining concerned MLAs shortly to arrive at a consensus after which the matter will be taken up with the centre and Prime Minister Narendra Modi," after Mr. Parrikar met legislators from the state's mining belt.
Meanwhile when resolving the mining imbroglio is one of the first challenges before Mr. Parrikar who returned on June 14, returned after a nearly three month absence, during which he was undergoing treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer in a US hospital. Moreover among the legislators who met the Chief Minister were Speaker Pramod Sawant, Pravin Zantye, Rajesh Patnekar (BJP), Prasad Gaonkar and Deepak Pauskar, where the Chief Minister discussed ways and means in which mining can be resumed in Goa.
Furthermore the mining issue has been hanging fire
in Goa ever since the Supreme Court banned extraction and transportation of
iron ore from 88 mining leases from March this year, while also directing the
state government to re-issue mining leases.
TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens Sources from Tirumala Tirupathi stated that Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) board in its endeavor to ease darshan for citizens of different categories has fixed the darshan timing for two days in a month for the people in the category of senior citizens, physically challenged and parents with children of below 5 years of age. Meanwhile special Darshan has been earmarked for them for the month of January
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump