Earlier in 2008, when the entire country celebrated Abhinav Bhindra’s gold medal at the Beijing Olympics, B Sai Deepak was just 12 years old. Little did he know that this event would leave a mark in his life or as he puts it, “give me an aim in life” to win an Olympic medal for the country. Meanwhile ten years down the line, this Hyderabad boy is an engineering graduate as well as a Taekwondo state champion, who is currently pursuing an MBA.
Furthermore along the way he has also set two Guinness records one in November 2017 for the most full contact elbow strike in 1 minute (142 strikes) and the second record in December 2017 for the most knee strikes in 3 minutes (205 strikes). Meanwhile when talking to TNM from his home in Hyderabad, Deepak is a busy man shuttling between studies and Taekwondo practice.
He said excitedly “My goal is to represent India
during the 2020 Olympics”. Moreover Deepak let go off an opportunity to work
with Google after he got a placement during the campus recruitment process. Further
citing the reason that he wouldn’t be able to focus on his practice if he took
up the job, the 22 year old decided to apply for an MBA so as to not disappoint
his parents as well as to continue his training along with his studies. Presently
he is hungry to break records and win medals, Deepak finishes the call by
saying that apart from winning an Olympic medal, and he also wanted to be an
inspiration for young athletes to take risks to follow their dreams.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018