Earlier in 2008, when the entire country celebrated Abhinav Bhindra’s gold medal at the Beijing Olympics, B Sai Deepak was just 12 years old. Little did he know that this event would leave a mark in his life or as he puts it, “give me an aim in life” to win an Olympic medal for the country. Meanwhile ten years down the line, this Hyderabad boy is an engineering graduate as well as a Taekwondo state champion, who is currently pursuing an MBA.
Furthermore along the way he has also set two Guinness records one in November 2017 for the most full contact elbow strike in 1 minute (142 strikes) and the second record in December 2017 for the most knee strikes in 3 minutes (205 strikes). Meanwhile when talking to TNM from his home in Hyderabad, Deepak is a busy man shuttling between studies and Taekwondo practice.
He said excitedly “My goal is to represent India
during the 2020 Olympics”. Moreover Deepak let go off an opportunity to work
with Google after he got a placement during the campus recruitment process. Further
citing the reason that he wouldn’t be able to focus on his practice if he took
up the job, the 22 year old decided to apply for an MBA so as to not disappoint
his parents as well as to continue his training along with his studies. Presently
he is hungry to break records and win medals, Deepak finishes the call by
saying that apart from winning an Olympic medal, and he also wanted to be an
inspiration for young athletes to take risks to follow their dreams.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites