Ananthapur MP J C Diwakar Reddy is known for shaking news, not breaking news. He speaks in his Rayalaseema accent and it looks like he is too open. But, he is too cautious and carefully chooses his words to make any statement.
The latest in the series is his statement on the steel plant agitation by the TDP leaders. TDP MP C M Ramesh is on hunger strike seeking steel plant for Kadapa and the fast had reached fourth day. Responding to the fast, Diwakar Reddy said the fast would not help in getting the steel plant. “No fast in politics fulfils the demands,” he said categorically ridiculing the fast by the TDP MP.
He went two steps forward to claim that he had told Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu two years ago that BJP is not prepared to give special category status to the State. Diwakar Reddy had reportedly told the same to Ramesh and advised him to call off the hunger strike.“Modi will never fulfil these promises. Today’s politicians are indifferent to the peoples’ demands. The fast only spoils your health and it is better you call off the fast,” Diwakar Reddy reportedly told the fasting MP Ramesh.
He also tried to draw parallels between the agitation for steel plant at Visakhapantam and now the steel plant for Kadapa. “Those days and those rulers were different and we got the steel plant in Visakhapatnam. But, today the rulers are indifferent to the issues of the people. They don’t respect the popular demands,” he said.
Diwakar Reddy’s statements have come as shock for the TDP leaders who are trying to get greater mileage from the agitation. They don’t want to be found behind the YSR Congress and launched the hunger strike for steel plant, while Chandrababu Naidu himself is leading the agitation for the special category status.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million