According to sources the Cauvery in Hogenakkal in Dharmapuri district, which received the lowest inflow of water a few days ago, has again recorded a higher inflow of 21,000 cusecs on Saturday. Meanwhile the sources in the Tamilnadu PWD department confirmed that the inflows into the lower riparian state were 18,000 cusecs as measured by the staff in the Central water Commission (CWC) at Biligundulu, where the river enters Tamilnadu. Accordingly this gradually rose to 22,000 cusec after 3 pm the same day.
As per report the water received by Tamilnadu was due to the surplus discharge made by the upper riparian state, Karnataka, from its Kabini dam. Moreover on being questioned about the quantum of water discharged by the upper riparian state, a PWD officer on anonymity told reporters that the inflows into the Kabini dam has been recorded as 15,690 cusecs, whereas the out flow was maintained at the level of 24,713 cusecs on Friday.
Furthermore the officer has no information about
the Saturday’s discharge level at Kabini. Media reports added that the
Dharmapuri district administration, due to the floods in Cauvery, gave orders
to close the water falls area in Hogenakkal. Presently sources told the coracle
ride was also banned till the situation returns to normal.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!