According to sources the Cauvery in Hogenakkal in Dharmapuri district, which received the lowest inflow of water a few days ago, has again recorded a higher inflow of 21,000 cusecs on Saturday. Meanwhile the sources in the Tamilnadu PWD department confirmed that the inflows into the lower riparian state were 18,000 cusecs as measured by the staff in the Central water Commission (CWC) at Biligundulu, where the river enters Tamilnadu. Accordingly this gradually rose to 22,000 cusec after 3 pm the same day.
As per report the water received by Tamilnadu was due to the surplus discharge made by the upper riparian state, Karnataka, from its Kabini dam. Moreover on being questioned about the quantum of water discharged by the upper riparian state, a PWD officer on anonymity told reporters that the inflows into the Kabini dam has been recorded as 15,690 cusecs, whereas the out flow was maintained at the level of 24,713 cusecs on Friday.
Furthermore the officer has no information about
the Saturday’s discharge level at Kabini. Media reports added that the
Dharmapuri district administration, due to the floods in Cauvery, gave orders
to close the water falls area in Hogenakkal. Presently sources told the coracle
ride was also banned till the situation returns to normal.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath