In the early days of Telugu Desam Party, its founder N T Rama Rao called the Opposition Congress “blasted fruits” (kukkamuti pindelu). It took several years for the TDP to brand the Opposition in similar terms and it was Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu who called the Opposition YSR Congress as “heard of monkeys”.
While NTR was justified in his criticism against the rivals as he was new to politics and took time for him to restrain from making such comments. Though he became the chairman of the National Front and played key role in the national politics, he never used such abusive words against the rivals later on.
Chandrababu Naidu too was not seen making such a low and cheap statements against the rivals. Claiming to be the senior most politician of the country, he restrained from using abusive language at the rivals, did not even react in the same length when he was personally attacked by Opposition leader Jaganmohan Reddy, starting from the Nandyal by-election.
However, having pushed the state into election mode, Chandrababu Naidu had made such a low and cheap comment against the YSR Congress. He called the entire party as heard of monkeys, ready to destroy the State. He made this comment when he was addressing the Anganwadi teachers of Krishna and Guntur district the other day.
The TDP leaders have been making personal attack on Jaganmohan Reddy and Vijayasai Reddy for all these days on the corruption charges and the CBI cases pending against them. They have heckled the two leaders calling them court birds. Jaganmohan Reddy too was not exception in hitting at Chandrababu Naidu and his comments crossed the limits and spirit of democracy.
But, being in power for close to 15 years and with 40 years of political experience, Chandrababu Naidu’s statement against the YSR Congress raises doubts over his losing confidence levels on the next elections. With Kapus, Brahmins, Nayee Brahmins, Rajakas, Boyas and a couple of more smaller castes turning against him and the BJP joining hands indirectly with the YSR Congress, Chandrababu Naidu looks uncomfortable in the seat and perhaps is not confident of retaining the power. This is what is now analysed from his statement against the opposition.
His comments on the election promises too is a shocker for many as he had come to power in the last election on two promises – total loan waiver for farmers and women and job for every family. People in the State are aware of how these two promises by him are fulfilled and they are the judges for the next round of election.
KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Chief Minister and Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) President K Chandrasekhar Rao had launched his party's election campaign with a call for 'Congress and BJP mukt Bharat'. When addressing an election rally in Karimnagar, he blamed the two national parties for all the ills plaguing the country and underlined the need for an alternative to bring qualitative change in the national politics.
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?
- Manohar Parrikar was an unparalleled leader: Narendra Modi
- Is there a clash between DMK & AIADMK in 8 Lok Sabha seats sharing?
- Andhra Pradesh 2019 Lok Sabha Election Survey
- Will Trump make arrangements for reopening General Motors?
- Chennai School restricts parents not to order food through Swiggy & Uber Eats
- Did YS Vivekananda Reddy's family members or friends kill him?
- Anil Agarwal History Maker- Founder of Sterlite Industries & Vedanta Resources