The Backward Classes in the Telugu States have been raising the voice for due share in politics. The leaders have been asking all the parties to give them political power. The demand has been there for several years and it gains momentum as elections approach.
Leaders like R Krishnaiah had been there speaking for the BCs, while there are several others settled in some party or the other. Ironically, Krishnaiah, who started his career as champion of the BCs as an independent leader, had finally fell in the trap of the TDP in the last elections. Though the TDP had projected him as its chief minister’s candidate for Telangana, the party did not make him even the floor leader after the election. This is how the parties treat the BCs before and after elections.
Krishnaiah had distanced himself from the TDP and had announced that he would launch a new political party for the next round of election. It is said that he is working on it to have his outfit for the two Telugu States.
The new party is likely to be a reality by next August with Krishaiah heading it. The party leaders like the BCs Political Joint Action Committee N Venkata Ramana and others who had a meeting in Vijayawada decaled that the new political party would be announced in August and the party would contest the 2019 elections in the two States.
The new party would also put pressure on the other parties to allocate at least 50 per cent Assembly and Parliament seats for the BCs. The party is likely to take up campaign across the two Telugu States where BCs are a good vote bank.
Mob demanded Change of name for Karachi Bakery in Bengaluru According to sources a Karachi Bakery outlet in Bengaluru was forced to cover up the word 'Karachi' on its main name board on Friday, after a mob protesting the reference to Pakistan gathered in front of it. Meanwhile this comes more than a week after 49 CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack in Kashmir's Pulwama district.
- GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans