The Backward Classes in the Telugu States have been raising the voice for due share in politics. The leaders have been asking all the parties to give them political power. The demand has been there for several years and it gains momentum as elections approach.
Leaders like R Krishnaiah had been there speaking for the BCs, while there are several others settled in some party or the other. Ironically, Krishnaiah, who started his career as champion of the BCs as an independent leader, had finally fell in the trap of the TDP in the last elections. Though the TDP had projected him as its chief minister’s candidate for Telangana, the party did not make him even the floor leader after the election. This is how the parties treat the BCs before and after elections.
Krishnaiah had distanced himself from the TDP and had announced that he would launch a new political party for the next round of election. It is said that he is working on it to have his outfit for the two Telugu States.
The new party is likely to be a reality by next August with Krishaiah heading it. The party leaders like the BCs Political Joint Action Committee N Venkata Ramana and others who had a meeting in Vijayawada decaled that the new political party would be announced in August and the party would contest the 2019 elections in the two States.
The new party would also put pressure on the other parties to allocate at least 50 per cent Assembly and Parliament seats for the BCs. The party is likely to take up campaign across the two Telugu States where BCs are a good vote bank.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?