According to sources in a bid to monitor and encourage cities to improve urban sanitation, Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has conducted the Swachh Survekshan 2018, in which Hyderabad slipped five places to 27th rank, as against 22nd rank in the 2017 rankings. Meanwhile although the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) undertook various cleanliness drives and initiatives, Hyderabad's position has slipped this year.
Recently the GHMC held regular community meetings, initiated awareness campaigns in various social media platforms and conducted street shows to spread the cleanliness idea, this year. Furthermore the main objective of Swachh Survekshan 2018 was to encourage large scale citizen participation and create awareness among all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live.
Moreover the survey also intended to foster a
spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service
delivery to citizens in the direction of creating cleaner cities. Earlier in
the national level survey, Greater Hyderabad secured an overall score of
3,091.5 marks out of the total 4,000 marks, out of which, service level
progress category scored 973, Direct Observation got 1176.75 and citizen
feedback secured 941.50 marks.
Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions? Hyderabad sources added following the incident of an ambulance being trapped during an election rally of TRS MP Malla Reddy at Jawahar Nagar, the city traffic chief has warned law enforcement enforcers against the organizers who are behind violations especially those who endanger the lives of commuters.
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind