According to sources in a bid to monitor and encourage cities to improve urban sanitation, Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has conducted the Swachh Survekshan 2018, in which Hyderabad slipped five places to 27th rank, as against 22nd rank in the 2017 rankings. Meanwhile although the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) undertook various cleanliness drives and initiatives, Hyderabad's position has slipped this year.
Recently the GHMC held regular community meetings, initiated awareness campaigns in various social media platforms and conducted street shows to spread the cleanliness idea, this year. Furthermore the main objective of Swachh Survekshan 2018 was to encourage large scale citizen participation and create awareness among all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live.
Moreover the survey also intended to foster a
spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service
delivery to citizens in the direction of creating cleaner cities. Earlier in
the national level survey, Greater Hyderabad secured an overall score of
3,091.5 marks out of the total 4,000 marks, out of which, service level
progress category scored 973, Direct Observation got 1176.75 and citizen
feedback secured 941.50 marks.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers