As per report Saudi women are officially allowed to get behind the wheel, after a decades old driving ban was lifted. Meanwhile as per report the change was announced last September and Saudi Arabia issued the first licenses to women earlier this month.
As per report it was the only country left in the world where women could not drive and families had to hire private chauffeurs for female relatives. Accordingly the move comes amid an intensified crackdown on activists who campaigned for the right to drive. Meanwhile human rights group Amnesty says at least eight women's rights activists are being detained and could face trial in a counter terrorism court and long prison sentences for their activism.
Furthermore they include Loujain al-Hathloul, a
well known figure in the campaign for women's driving rights. Moreover amnesty
has also called for wider reforms in Saudi Arabia, where women remain subject
to male guardianship laws. Saudi television presenter said "It is a
historic moment for every Saudi woman". She said "Those days of
waiting long hours for a driver are over and we no longer need a man."
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy