As per report Saudi women are officially allowed to get behind the wheel, after a decades old driving ban was lifted. Meanwhile as per report the change was announced last September and Saudi Arabia issued the first licenses to women earlier this month.
As per report it was the only country left in the world where women could not drive and families had to hire private chauffeurs for female relatives. Accordingly the move comes amid an intensified crackdown on activists who campaigned for the right to drive. Meanwhile human rights group Amnesty says at least eight women's rights activists are being detained and could face trial in a counter terrorism court and long prison sentences for their activism.
Furthermore they include Loujain al-Hathloul, a
well known figure in the campaign for women's driving rights. Moreover amnesty
has also called for wider reforms in Saudi Arabia, where women remain subject
to male guardianship laws. Saudi television presenter said "It is a
historic moment for every Saudi woman". She said "Those days of
waiting long hours for a driver are over and we no longer need a man."
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina