Andhra Pradesh government lodged the complaint in Supreme Court against Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government for its failure in honoring the promises made under AP Reorganization act. Meanwhile in the affidavit submitted to the court, the AP government said the union government promised to accord special category status to the bifurcated Andhra Pradesh and also tax concessions to the residuary state.
Accordingly the AP government also brought to the notice of the court about the centre's promise on the financial assistance extended to AP after the bifurcation of the state. Earlier AP requested centre to announce Rs 24,350 crore special packages for the backward districts of the State but received only Rs 1,050 crore.
Moreover for Polavaram, centre has to release more
funds and the government also accused the centre of not completing the process
of division of 142 educational institutions under Schedule - 9 of the Act
between AP and Telangana. Further the establishment of steel plant in Kadapa
was also pending and the union government had not paid attention to setting up
of Duggirajapatnam Port, Petro Chemical Complex and formation of a separate
Visakhapatnam Railway Zone.
Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension Pyongyang sources made a statement that South Korean President Moon Jae-In and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement at the end of their summit talks here on Wednesday. As per report it was stated that the agreement was signed at a ceremony held at the North's state guesthouse Paekhwawon and broadcast live in Seoul.
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?