Andhra Pradesh government lodged the complaint in Supreme Court against Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government for its failure in honoring the promises made under AP Reorganization act. Meanwhile in the affidavit submitted to the court, the AP government said the union government promised to accord special category status to the bifurcated Andhra Pradesh and also tax concessions to the residuary state.
Accordingly the AP government also brought to the notice of the court about the centre's promise on the financial assistance extended to AP after the bifurcation of the state. Earlier AP requested centre to announce Rs 24,350 crore special packages for the backward districts of the State but received only Rs 1,050 crore.
Moreover for Polavaram, centre has to release more
funds and the government also accused the centre of not completing the process
of division of 142 educational institutions under Schedule - 9 of the Act
between AP and Telangana. Further the establishment of steel plant in Kadapa
was also pending and the union government had not paid attention to setting up
of Duggirajapatnam Port, Petro Chemical Complex and formation of a separate
Visakhapatnam Railway Zone.
Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16 Chennai sources stated that a statue of late DMK chief M Karunanidhi will be unveiled in Chennai next month, the party announced Thursday. As per report National level leaders of various political parties are expected to attend the function to unveil the life size statue on December 16.
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana