Andhra Pradesh government lodged the complaint in Supreme Court against Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government for its failure in honoring the promises made under AP Reorganization act. Meanwhile in the affidavit submitted to the court, the AP government said the union government promised to accord special category status to the bifurcated Andhra Pradesh and also tax concessions to the residuary state.
Accordingly the AP government also brought to the notice of the court about the centre's promise on the financial assistance extended to AP after the bifurcation of the state. Earlier AP requested centre to announce Rs 24,350 crore special packages for the backward districts of the State but received only Rs 1,050 crore.
Moreover for Polavaram, centre has to release more
funds and the government also accused the centre of not completing the process
of division of 142 educational institutions under Schedule - 9 of the Act
between AP and Telangana. Further the establishment of steel plant in Kadapa
was also pending and the union government had not paid attention to setting up
of Duggirajapatnam Port, Petro Chemical Complex and formation of a separate
Visakhapatnam Railway Zone.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites