Sources from Ooty stated that June 24’ is a date etched in the memory of naturalists of Nilgiris due to its association with the World Guinness records. Earlier on 24-6-2002, this hill district had entered the Guinness World record for planting most number of saplings on a single day. Meanwhile from then onward, the near 80 acre of land at Kuruthukuli, where the record creating event was held, had come to be known as “Guinness Park”.
Furthermore sadly over the past 16 years of time, most of the 42,184 saplings that were planted during the record creating event failed to take roots as lack of interest among officials and poor maintenance are said to be the reasons behind this ‘Guinness Park’ losing its sheen over time. Presently, greens are raising their voices to end the dispute over the ‘Guinness Park’ land ownership and to transfer the land to the Forest department for renewed attempts to replant the saplings to bring back shape to the ‘Guinness Park’.
Moreover echoing the same tone, V. Sivadass, managing trustee of the
Nilgiris Environment and Socio-cultural Trust, said that the planting in
‘Guinness Park’ should be carried out in such a way by allotting some portions
of the park to ‘National Green Crops’ and other organizations which show
interest in tree planting to help them plant and maintain their portions in the
RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank New Delhi sources stated that the private sector lender said the Reserve Bank has warned Yes Bank of regulatory action for disclosure of nil divergence report in violation of the confidentiality clause. Meanwhile Yes Bank in a press release earlier this week had said the RBI has not found
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!