Sources from Ooty stated that June 24’ is a date etched in the memory of naturalists of Nilgiris due to its association with the World Guinness records. Earlier on 24-6-2002, this hill district had entered the Guinness World record for planting most number of saplings on a single day. Meanwhile from then onward, the near 80 acre of land at Kuruthukuli, where the record creating event was held, had come to be known as “Guinness Park”.
Furthermore sadly over the past 16 years of time, most of the 42,184 saplings that were planted during the record creating event failed to take roots as lack of interest among officials and poor maintenance are said to be the reasons behind this ‘Guinness Park’ losing its sheen over time. Presently, greens are raising their voices to end the dispute over the ‘Guinness Park’ land ownership and to transfer the land to the Forest department for renewed attempts to replant the saplings to bring back shape to the ‘Guinness Park’.
Moreover echoing the same tone, V. Sivadass, managing trustee of the
Nilgiris Environment and Socio-cultural Trust, said that the planting in
‘Guinness Park’ should be carried out in such a way by allotting some portions
of the park to ‘National Green Crops’ and other organizations which show
interest in tree planting to help them plant and maintain their portions in the
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india