Actor Dileep, called Janapriyanayakan by his fans, has been a major part of the actress assault case, that had shook not just the Malayalam film industry, but the whole of south, with the brutality of the issue and the vulnerability of actresses to such incidents. Dileep had been made the 8th accused of the case, and was also ousted from the Malayalam actors association AMMA. However, last weekend saw the AMMA announcing that he is back to AMMA, though he won't be holding any official positions other than being a member.
Just a year, and without even getting a clean chit in the case, he has been back to the association which had ousted him, even before proving himself innocent. None had the courage to question his re-inclusion in the association except for one, Urmila Unni, who had questioned on why Dileep was back into the association now under the leadership of Mohanlal.
Over the year, a lot has been seen
on Dileep's influence, his power, and how his fans branded supporters of the
victim with terms like Feminichi, and started a campaign Avanoppam directly
against the Avalkoppam campaign, and also tarnished the image of the actress.
While there are questions of why Dileep should be a part of the association the
victim is also a part of, this is no wonder, as it has happened in a place where
the release of two of his movies post arrest, Ramaleela and Kammara Sambhavam
were celebrated, and where an actor like Prithiviraj who voiced for the
survivor was branded professional jealousy. It just gives a loud and clear
message that in a land ruled by powerful ones like Dileep, others don't have a
say even with justice on their side.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites