The trust board of the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanams had finally confirmed its trust on the safety and security of the jewellery belonging to Lord Venkateswara in Tirupati. The State government had already discounted the criticism on missing jewellery and now it is the trust board that backs the government.
The temples former chief priest Ramana Deekshitulu had said that some jewels of the Lord were missing and there is the involvement of the ruling party leaders in it. He also alleged dishonour to the Lord in the offerings as the kitchen – Potu – was dug for hidden treasure.
The trust board chairman and some members along with the senior officials of the temple have inspected the jewellery and the records. They found everything right and intact. They have also found that all the jewels of the Lord as shown in the records from 1952 were there and nothing was missing.
The trust board initially planned to display the jewels before the media on June 28. But, surprisingly, the board members inspected the treasure and gave a clean chit to the TTD from the allegations. It is now to be seen if the TTD would display the jewellery to the media as decided earlier or would satisfy itself with the clean certificate given by the trust board.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu announced that he would order judicial probe into the assets and activities of the TTD once in every two years. His term is coming to an end in 11 months and dreams of retaining power in the next round of elections. He plans to form a judicial panel to keep a check on the TTD once he wins the next round of elections.
The controversy had hurt the sentiments of the people, the devotees who keep thronging the temple to worship the Lord. The temple being the holy place connected to the sentiments of the people, it is to be kept out of the political involvement. Unfortunately, every ruling party tries its best to get the benefit and this involvement is leading to the controversies. While it is a must for the government to intervene with the administration of the temple, the politicians role is causing trouble every time.
At least now, wisdom prevails on the politicians to keep off from the places of worship keeping in mind the sentiments of the people.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other