New Delhi sources reported that Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram today slammed the government for terming the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as a "celebration of honesty", saying if that was the case, why did the BJP oppose it for five years prior to coming to power in 2014. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, the senior Congress leader asked the government whether it knew that millions of traders and exporters were affected because their money was stuck and not being refunded promptly after the implementation of the GST regime, which completes one year.
He asked "If GST is a 'victory of integrity' and 'celebration of honesty', why did the BJP oppose it and stall it for 5 years? Why do the PM, FM and Acting FM refuse to speak on the numerous flaws in the implementation of GST?". Further describing the GST as a fine example of cooperative federalism, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had yesterday said the new system was a "festival of honesty" which had ended 'inspector raj' in the country.
He asked Chidambaram also asked how long can the
government use the temporary Form GSTR-3B? "Is it legally valid?"
"Why have GSTR-Form 2 and GSTR-Form 3 not been notified even after 12
months?". Moreover filing GSTR 3B form is mandatory for all those who have
registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST). The GSTR 3B is a simple tax return
form introduced by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) for the month
of July and August.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day