New Delhi sources reported that Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram today slammed the government for terming the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as a "celebration of honesty", saying if that was the case, why did the BJP oppose it for five years prior to coming to power in 2014. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, the senior Congress leader asked the government whether it knew that millions of traders and exporters were affected because their money was stuck and not being refunded promptly after the implementation of the GST regime, which completes one year.
He asked "If GST is a 'victory of integrity' and 'celebration of honesty', why did the BJP oppose it and stall it for 5 years? Why do the PM, FM and Acting FM refuse to speak on the numerous flaws in the implementation of GST?". Further describing the GST as a fine example of cooperative federalism, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had yesterday said the new system was a "festival of honesty" which had ended 'inspector raj' in the country.
He asked Chidambaram also asked how long can the
government use the temporary Form GSTR-3B? "Is it legally valid?"
"Why have GSTR-Form 2 and GSTR-Form 3 not been notified even after 12
months?". Moreover filing GSTR 3B form is mandatory for all those who have
registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST). The GSTR 3B is a simple tax return
form introduced by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) for the month
of July and August.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant