Sources from Karnataka stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy appointed Principal Secretary (Water Resources Department) Rakesh Singh as Karnataka’s representative to the Cauvery Management Authority on Monday. Meanwhile he also appointed HL Prasanna, the Managing Director of Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited as the state’s representative to the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee.
Accordingly he made the announcement in a meeting held on Monday and also called for an all party meet to discuss on the Cauvery issue on Wednesday. Moreover Karnataka had earlier refused to nominate a member to the committee until its grievances are heard. Recently with Tamilnadu, Kerala and Puducherry nominating their representatives to the committee, Karnataka had stayed back from appointing its representative to the committee.
Furthermore this committee will now assist the
Cauvery Water Authority to implement the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award
as modified by the Supreme Court. Moreover when the Centre failed to form the
scheme within the stipulated time, the Tamilnadu government moved the SC
accusing the Centre of contempt of court. Presently Karnataka had vehemently
opposed the formation of this committee since it will dilute the control that
the state has on the three reservoirs that are in the Cauvery river basin.
New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020 Accordingly Vizhinjam Port, one of Kerala's dream projects that have been hanging fire for over 25 years, will be commissioned in October 2020. Meanwhile when addressing reporters in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, Rajesh Jha, CEO, Adani Vizhinjam Port Pvt Ltd, said that even though the original agreement was to complete the work and commission the port in 1,425 days, due to some issues it has been postponed to October 2020.
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir