Sources from Karnataka stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy appointed Principal Secretary (Water Resources Department) Rakesh Singh as Karnataka’s representative to the Cauvery Management Authority on Monday. Meanwhile he also appointed HL Prasanna, the Managing Director of Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited as the state’s representative to the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee.
Accordingly he made the announcement in a meeting held on Monday and also called for an all party meet to discuss on the Cauvery issue on Wednesday. Moreover Karnataka had earlier refused to nominate a member to the committee until its grievances are heard. Recently with Tamilnadu, Kerala and Puducherry nominating their representatives to the committee, Karnataka had stayed back from appointing its representative to the committee.
Furthermore this committee will now assist the
Cauvery Water Authority to implement the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award
as modified by the Supreme Court. Moreover when the Centre failed to form the
scheme within the stipulated time, the Tamilnadu government moved the SC
accusing the Centre of contempt of court. Presently Karnataka had vehemently
opposed the formation of this committee since it will dilute the control that
the state has on the three reservoirs that are in the Cauvery river basin.
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?