Bengaluru sources added that rattled with the poor rating given to Bengaluru by Swachh Bharat Survekshan 2018, a top official yesterday questioned the methodology adopted by the Centre for it and claimed the city fared much better than last year. Presently the city was ranked at 216th spot in the SBS-2018, released yesterday while Indore was first, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh in second and third place, whereas Mysuru, which was in fifth place last year, slipped to eighth place this year.
Bengaluru Mayor Sampath Raj told that “He said he would hold discussions with officials to find out the reasons behind the poor rating and we have to see what reasons Urban Development Ministry has given for the ranking. We have built 400 toilets and segregation at source is happening. So we don't know what parameter they have adopted".
Moreover the Mayor said he was shocked over Mysuru being rated below Indore
and Bhopal as he felt that the royal city was way better than the two cities in
Madhya Pradesh. Meanwhile, Kathyayini Chamaraj founder of Civic Bengaluru,
begged to differ, saying that dumping of waste at public places, littering by
citizens, poor handling of solid waste and zero segregation of waste at source
led to the poor rating. Further he said though manual handling of waste was
prohibited, it continued.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018