In the list of countries where women do not have safety, India has topped, in a huge shocker for the nation. England based Thomas Reuters charitable organization had conducted a survey for the welfare of women, on the list of countries totally unsafe for women. The survey was conducted considering a total of 193 countries of the world.
In this survey, questions regarding women safety and protection measures were asked to more than 550 people and experts from various walks of life, residing in countries in Europe, Africa, America, South East Asia, South Asia and pacific zones. In this analysis, with regards to the sexual abuse and prostitution, exploitation of women as domestic help, trafficking of women, stoning and killing women, female infanticide, India tops the list of all countries considered.
In India, ignorance towards women
and refusing equal respect for them has been on the large, with the prevalence
and increase of rapes, child killings, has contributed to this national shame.
Afghanistan has secured the second position while Syria holds the third
position. Famine hit Somalia is number 4, while Saudi Arabia is on the 5th
position. In India, between 2017-16, the crimes against women have increased by
83%, with a woman raped every 4 minutes as per an analysis. The surprising fact
is that the list also includes USA in the top 10, with the other spots being
held by Pakistan, Nigeria, Congo, and Yemen.
Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh In an innovative move by EC today issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter of the day in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Bypolls for assembly elections are undergoing in the state. Election commission of India initiated a novel way to encourage the voters to exercise their franchise enthusiastically, they issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter in Manikpur polling booth in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Uma Shankar was the first voter in the morn
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana
- TSRTC JAC announced Huge Public Meeting on October 30
- Decision on the status of Pakistan be taken by FATF in February 2020
- IMD predicts Heavy rain in Coastal AP
- First of the ten metro trains proposed for Chennai phase I extension reached