Chennai sources reported that the resolution mentions that all the states must be consulted and a consensus must be reached on the contents of the bill before it is passed in the Parliament. Accordingly the resolution, introduced in the Assembly by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, was passed unanimously.
Meanwhile the resolution mentions that since the bill has clauses that affect Tamilnadu’s rights on its dams and could cause issues in the operation and maintenance of the dams owned by TN but built in other states, the Central government must act to resolve the issues before it passes the bill. Earlier on June 15, the CM had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to keep the bill in abeyance till a consensus was reached between the states on the issues affecting them.
Moreover the CM had said that J Jayalalitha, the
former Chief Minister of TN, had conveyed the state’s objections to certain
clauses in the draft of the Dam Safety Bill. Accordingly he also said that the
Centre had not revised the draft since 2016 and hence it was understood that
the bill had been passed in its original form by the Union Cabinet on June 13.
Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing The mediation panel informed about one of the petitioner Sunni Waqf board seeking withdrawal of title suit, this move came after possible rift among members and FIR filed against its chairman. The Uttar Pradesh government is recommending to initiate a CBI inquiry against Sunni Waqf board chairman ZA Faruqi's alleged involvement in sale and purchase of land for board. He was provided security in view of threat to his life which he informed to Mediation committee, he allegedly change the advo
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?