Chennai sources reported that the resolution mentions that all the states must be consulted and a consensus must be reached on the contents of the bill before it is passed in the Parliament. Accordingly the resolution, introduced in the Assembly by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, was passed unanimously.
Meanwhile the resolution mentions that since the bill has clauses that affect Tamilnadu’s rights on its dams and could cause issues in the operation and maintenance of the dams owned by TN but built in other states, the Central government must act to resolve the issues before it passes the bill. Earlier on June 15, the CM had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to keep the bill in abeyance till a consensus was reached between the states on the issues affecting them.
Moreover the CM had said that J Jayalalitha, the
former Chief Minister of TN, had conveyed the state’s objections to certain
clauses in the draft of the Dam Safety Bill. Accordingly he also said that the
Centre had not revised the draft since 2016 and hence it was understood that
the bill had been passed in its original form by the Union Cabinet on June 13.
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG