New Delhi sources reported that fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya said he has become the "Poster Boy" of bank default and a lightning rod of public anger, and there's nothing he could do "if politically motivated extraneous factors interfere" with his efforts to settle the dues. Meanwhile when speaking after "two years of silence" over the controversy surrounding him in the over Rs 9,000 crore Kingfisher Airlines loan default case, Mallya denied that he was a willful defaulter.
Moreover tired of "relentless pursuit" of him by "the government and its criminal agencies", Mallya said he had even written letters to both the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister on April 15, 2016 to explain his side of the story. He said "The ED have also attached assets belonging to him, his group companies and companies owned and or controlled by his family under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) currently valued at approximately Rs 13,900 crore”.
Furthermore when citing reports of ED objecting to public sector banks'
claim to the proceeds arising from the sale of his assets, Mallya said, "This
is a clear example of politically motivated abuse of power with no legal basis
whatsoever and behaves the fundamental question of whether the government wants
me to repay the public sector banks or not".
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?