New Delhi sources reported that fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya said he has become the "Poster Boy" of bank default and a lightning rod of public anger, and there's nothing he could do "if politically motivated extraneous factors interfere" with his efforts to settle the dues. Meanwhile when speaking after "two years of silence" over the controversy surrounding him in the over Rs 9,000 crore Kingfisher Airlines loan default case, Mallya denied that he was a willful defaulter.
Moreover tired of "relentless pursuit" of him by "the government and its criminal agencies", Mallya said he had even written letters to both the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister on April 15, 2016 to explain his side of the story. He said "The ED have also attached assets belonging to him, his group companies and companies owned and or controlled by his family under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) currently valued at approximately Rs 13,900 crore”.
Furthermore when citing reports of ED objecting to public sector banks'
claim to the proceeds arising from the sale of his assets, Mallya said, "This
is a clear example of politically motivated abuse of power with no legal basis
whatsoever and behaves the fundamental question of whether the government wants
me to repay the public sector banks or not".
Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals