New Delhi sources reported that fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya said he has become the "Poster Boy" of bank default and a lightning rod of public anger, and there's nothing he could do "if politically motivated extraneous factors interfere" with his efforts to settle the dues. Meanwhile when speaking after "two years of silence" over the controversy surrounding him in the over Rs 9,000 crore Kingfisher Airlines loan default case, Mallya denied that he was a willful defaulter.
Moreover tired of "relentless pursuit" of him by "the government and its criminal agencies", Mallya said he had even written letters to both the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister on April 15, 2016 to explain his side of the story. He said "The ED have also attached assets belonging to him, his group companies and companies owned and or controlled by his family under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) currently valued at approximately Rs 13,900 crore”.
Furthermore when citing reports of ED objecting to public sector banks'
claim to the proceeds arising from the sale of his assets, Mallya said, "This
is a clear example of politically motivated abuse of power with no legal basis
whatsoever and behaves the fundamental question of whether the government wants
me to repay the public sector banks or not".
Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 According to sources Dewan Housing Finance Corporation shares fell as much as 6.5% on Thursday, a day after the company said its chief executive Harshil Mehta had resigned. Reportedly Dewan Housing Finance shares opened lower at Rs. 104.00 apiece on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95 in early trade, from their previous close of Rs. 111.20.
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!