New Delhi sources reported that the government issued an advisory forecast warning rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Assam, Meghalaya and north Bengal following a prediction of heavy rainfall in the current week. Accordingly the India Meteorological Department has forecast heavy to very heavy rains for the next three days in Gujarat and for the entire week in Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
The Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Ministry said in a statement "Due to this warning, there is a likelihood of rise in water levels in various river basins”. Meanwhile the advisory forecast detailed the likely impact of these rains on Mumbai and different river basins Damanganga, Krishna, Brahmaputra, Barak and the west flowing river basins.
As per report "Due to very heavy rainfall forecast with isolated
extremely heavy rainfall in North Konkan on June 26, there is likelihood of
urban flooding and associated inundation in view of the high tides associated
with severe monsoon conditions". Moreover the rapid rise in water level is
expected in Damanganga basin in the districts of Nasik in Maharashtra, Valsad
in Gujarat and Daman in Union Territory of Daman and Diu during the next 48
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers