New Delhi sources reported that the government issued an advisory forecast warning rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Assam, Meghalaya and north Bengal following a prediction of heavy rainfall in the current week. Accordingly the India Meteorological Department has forecast heavy to very heavy rains for the next three days in Gujarat and for the entire week in Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
The Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Ministry said in a statement "Due to this warning, there is a likelihood of rise in water levels in various river basins”. Meanwhile the advisory forecast detailed the likely impact of these rains on Mumbai and different river basins Damanganga, Krishna, Brahmaputra, Barak and the west flowing river basins.
As per report "Due to very heavy rainfall forecast with isolated
extremely heavy rainfall in North Konkan on June 26, there is likelihood of
urban flooding and associated inundation in view of the high tides associated
with severe monsoon conditions". Moreover the rapid rise in water level is
expected in Damanganga basin in the districts of Nasik in Maharashtra, Valsad
in Gujarat and Daman in Union Territory of Daman and Diu during the next 48
Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon! Southern Railway might begin circular suburban train services between Arakkonam and Chengalpet in 10 days. The plan to run 12-car EMU is waiting for general manager approval because of model code of conduct and Arakkonam-Takkolam detour line was linked by southern railway to the Arakkonam-Jolarpet line.
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam
- Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!