New Delhi sources reported that the government issued an advisory forecast warning rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Assam, Meghalaya and north Bengal following a prediction of heavy rainfall in the current week. Accordingly the India Meteorological Department has forecast heavy to very heavy rains for the next three days in Gujarat and for the entire week in Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
The Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Ministry said in a statement "Due to this warning, there is a likelihood of rise in water levels in various river basins”. Meanwhile the advisory forecast detailed the likely impact of these rains on Mumbai and different river basins Damanganga, Krishna, Brahmaputra, Barak and the west flowing river basins.
As per report "Due to very heavy rainfall forecast with isolated
extremely heavy rainfall in North Konkan on June 26, there is likelihood of
urban flooding and associated inundation in view of the high tides associated
with severe monsoon conditions". Moreover the rapid rise in water level is
expected in Damanganga basin in the districts of Nasik in Maharashtra, Valsad
in Gujarat and Daman in Union Territory of Daman and Diu during the next 48
Strange case of a damaging goat! A goat grazing at places it was not supposed to will definitely land itself in danger, and end up becoming someone's food, and that is proven by a recent strange incident in Belgrade. There's a Village named Ranilovic in central Serbia, and a farmer residing there has been planning to buy a land for Farming and started to save money for the same.
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?