New Delhi sources reported that the government issued an advisory forecast warning rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Assam, Meghalaya and north Bengal following a prediction of heavy rainfall in the current week. Accordingly the India Meteorological Department has forecast heavy to very heavy rains for the next three days in Gujarat and for the entire week in Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
The Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Ministry said in a statement "Due to this warning, there is a likelihood of rise in water levels in various river basins”. Meanwhile the advisory forecast detailed the likely impact of these rains on Mumbai and different river basins Damanganga, Krishna, Brahmaputra, Barak and the west flowing river basins.
As per report "Due to very heavy rainfall forecast with isolated
extremely heavy rainfall in North Konkan on June 26, there is likelihood of
urban flooding and associated inundation in view of the high tides associated
with severe monsoon conditions". Moreover the rapid rise in water level is
expected in Damanganga basin in the districts of Nasik in Maharashtra, Valsad
in Gujarat and Daman in Union Territory of Daman and Diu during the next 48
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto