According to sources the US has asked all countries, including India, to stop all oil imports from Iran by November as it ruled out any exemption to India and Indian companies from its reimposed Iranian sanctions regime for them carrying out any transaction with Iran. A state department official told reporters when asked if the US has told all countries, including India and China, to stop all their imports of Iranian oil by November 4 that "On China and India, yes, certainly”.
Meanwhile he said Indian and Chinese companies would be subject to the same sanctions as those in other countries. Given the huge energy needs, India and China are major importers of Iranian oil. Moreover the state department official said on condition of anonymity said “India and China companies will be subject to the same sanctions that everybody else's are if they engage in those sectors of the economy that are sanctionable, where there were sanctions imposed prior to 2015".
Furthermore when responding to questions, the official said these
countries should start reducing the import of oil from Iran now and bring it to
zero by November 4. The official said "Without question, they should be
reduced”. Moreover the official said this is part of the Trump administration's
effort to isolate streams of Iranian funding and are looking to highlight the
totality of Iran's malign behavior across the region.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370