Chennai sources stated that the Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami had asserted that the crime rate in Tamilnadu has significantly reduced under the AIADMK regime. Meanwhile when replying to remarks made by the Opposition leader M K Stalin the Assembly in the course of the debate on the demands for grants for Home Department, Mr. Palaniswami said the government took stringent action against those disrupting law and order in the State.
Moreover to back his claim, he cited how the crime rate in the State had increased by 5.1% during the previous DMK period, but had significantly come down to 2.90% under the AIADMK rule now. Further Mr. Palaniswami pointed out that during the earlier DMK rule and there were a total of 67 police firings until 2010 with at least 33 persons losing their lives.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said that a Sulur based paan masala factory
near Coimbatore was raided and 'gutka' packets seized earlier this year. Recently
a special team has been constituted to investigate and arrest its owner, Amit
Jain. The CM added that a DMK MLA had protested this action, but the firm which
had been allegedly making 'gutka' since 2011 was distributing it to Madurai and
surrounding areas, said the Chief Minister.
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?