Chennai sources stated that the Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami had asserted that the crime rate in Tamilnadu has significantly reduced under the AIADMK regime. Meanwhile when replying to remarks made by the Opposition leader M K Stalin the Assembly in the course of the debate on the demands for grants for Home Department, Mr. Palaniswami said the government took stringent action against those disrupting law and order in the State.
Moreover to back his claim, he cited how the crime rate in the State had increased by 5.1% during the previous DMK period, but had significantly come down to 2.90% under the AIADMK rule now. Further Mr. Palaniswami pointed out that during the earlier DMK rule and there were a total of 67 police firings until 2010 with at least 33 persons losing their lives.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said that a Sulur based paan masala factory
near Coimbatore was raided and 'gutka' packets seized earlier this year. Recently
a special team has been constituted to investigate and arrest its owner, Amit
Jain. The CM added that a DMK MLA had protested this action, but the firm which
had been allegedly making 'gutka' since 2011 was distributing it to Madurai and
surrounding areas, said the Chief Minister.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas