Yesterday sparked yet another controversy, as core members of Women in Cinema collective forum, had resigned from the Malayalam actors association AMMA, after the association had reinstated the earlier ousted member Dileep back. It all began with the sexual assault survivor taking the initiation by resigning firstly from AMMA.
The actor had later said that the actor had made her lose film offers, and when she had made a complaint against this, AMMA did not take it seriously, and when the molestation incident happened too, AMMA was looking at protecting the accused rather than saving justice, and the actress expressed that there was no point in being in such an organization. Following the victim survivor, the others from WCC who stepped down from AMMA include Geetu Mohandas, Rima Kallingal and Remya Nambeesan.
Geetu Mohandas said that she must
have resigned earlier as it was tough to question AMMA being a working
committee member, and not the voices of people are drowned, and hence she will
be supporting her friend, fighting against the unfair and irresponsible AMMA.
Rima Kallingal said that she was not just leaving for this issue but with the
hopes that the coming generations will have some self respect. Remya Nambeesan
too had resigned in support of her friend, and hoped justice will prevail.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code