Yesterday sparked yet another controversy, as core members of Women in Cinema collective forum, had resigned from the Malayalam actors association AMMA, after the association had reinstated the earlier ousted member Dileep back. It all began with the sexual assault survivor taking the initiation by resigning firstly from AMMA.
The actor had later said that the actor had made her lose film offers, and when she had made a complaint against this, AMMA did not take it seriously, and when the molestation incident happened too, AMMA was looking at protecting the accused rather than saving justice, and the actress expressed that there was no point in being in such an organization. Following the victim survivor, the others from WCC who stepped down from AMMA include Geetu Mohandas, Rima Kallingal and Remya Nambeesan.
Geetu Mohandas said that she must
have resigned earlier as it was tough to question AMMA being a working
committee member, and not the voices of people are drowned, and hence she will
be supporting her friend, fighting against the unfair and irresponsible AMMA.
Rima Kallingal said that she was not just leaving for this issue but with the
hopes that the coming generations will have some self respect. Remya Nambeesan
too had resigned in support of her friend, and hoped justice will prevail.
Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh In an innovative move by EC today issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter of the day in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Bypolls for assembly elections are undergoing in the state. Election commission of India initiated a novel way to encourage the voters to exercise their franchise enthusiastically, they issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter in Manikpur polling booth in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Uma Shankar was the first voter in the morn
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana
- TSRTC JAC announced Huge Public Meeting on October 30
- Decision on the status of Pakistan be taken by FATF in February 2020
- IMD predicts Heavy rain in Coastal AP
- First of the ten metro trains proposed for Chennai phase I extension reached