Naidu seeks judicial probe on TTD jewel row It was only two days ago at the VRAs meeting that the Chief Minister had announced he would order judicial probe into the TTD activities once in every two years.
As the controversy is spreading across and hitting the sentiments of the people, the Chief Minister took the decision to put an end to the row. The TTD trust board also inspected the jewels and verified the records recently and declared that everything was perfect. The trust board members found that the records relating to the donated jewellery are intact and the religious practices atop the hill are not disturbed or deviated. However, the critics continue to target the government and the TTD forcing the Chief Minister to order for judicial probe.
Former chief priest Ramana Deekshitulu’s comment that a pink diamond donated to the temple had gone missing created a flutter in the state. With political parties particularly the YSRC and the BJP targeting Naidu, the TDP supremo hinted at setting up a judicial committee to look into the matter.
“As the sensitivity of the issue reached alarming proportions and any amount of counter justification that all is well either by the TTD or the Government, is unable to provide solace to the public at large and devotees in particular, I request, scrutinise the procedures in vogue,” Naidu wrote and alleged that “certain vested interests” had triggered unwarranted unrest in the minds of devotees.Allegations maligning the temple board had led to the appointment of two committees in the past (in 2009 and 2011). Both ruled out any wrongdoing.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?