According to report a division bench of Justice MM Sundresh and Anand Venkatesh ruled that VVD and Sons, the hair oil company, is the first holder of the advertisement. Meanwhile the actor had alleged that the company was to use the advert for only a year but had done so beyond that period from 2008.
Accordingly the bench ruled, “A person who becomes the first owner of the copyright for his entire work, has been conferred with a statutory right for a period of 60 years over the cinematography of the film. Meanwhile this statutory right cannot be taken away by a performer in the cinematography film by virtue of an agreement. Hence, we hold that VVD is entitled to exploit the work for the entire term prescribed under Section 26 of the Copyright Act and is not restricted for a period of one year by the agreement.”
Furthermore according to Section 26 of the
Copyright Act, deals with ‘Term of copyright in cinematography films’. Further as
per a report Kajal had also claimed compensation to the tune of Rs 2.5
crores. Moreover after dismissing the need to pay damages, the court said,
“There are absolutely no materials for this court to award compensation to
Kajal Aggarwal in this case.
Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir The Indian Air Force transferred Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman due to security reasons from Srinagar airbase to another airbase in Western sector in Pakistan border. Only post few tests a decision will be made on whether Abhinandan can fly fighter jet.
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?
- When is Telangana Local Body polling planned?
- Azim Premji History Maker Chairman of Wipro Limited
- Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face